Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dress Shirt to Shirt Dress

Well, I have finally finished "building" a dress for Matilda (converted from a men's shirt). I used the tutorial from here. I think it looks pretty cute and is my first attempt at up-cycling.



I decided to put the shirt pocket back on and re-used the medium (M) label so that it's Matilda's dress! Also, the waist band needed to go right where a button was so I took it off and sewed it back on over the waistband!

All in all a pretty successful project. It has inspired me to get onto the sewing machine again!

4 comments:

Shimmy Shake said...

That dress is adorable. I just finished mine as well - but I do love how you reused the shirt pocket and M label, so cute! I will have to try making another.

dana said...

It turned out great! I'll add yours to the Fashion Show and eventually we'll get a flikr group going.
Thanks for sharing!
I like that you added pockets to it.

AmandaMcGregor74 said...

thats very creative...dont think my boys would like one though!!

Allana said...

Great dress! :)