- Swap is for Australian residents only. This is to try and minimise postage costs, shipping time and also make organising the swap much easier for me!
- We'll be swapping METRIC fat quarters which measures 50cm x 56cm (or about 20" x 22").
- Mailing will only be done using pre-paid Parcel Post Satchels from Australia Post. These pre-paid satchels come in two sizes - 500g (for $5.70) and 3kg (for $9.90). Once you've worked out how many fat quarters you want to swap go to the post office and buy TWO parcel post satchels - one to post the fat quarters to me and one you'll self-address (and put into the other satchel) to allow me to return your new vintage sheet loveliness to you!
- You can choose how many fat quarters you wish to sent and therefore receive. I think you'll be able to fit up to 15 fat quarters into a 500g satchel and heaps more than that in a 3kg satchel (but please check your weight - I just weighed random FQ's at home to come up with this).
- As far as the quality of the sheets themselves, please only send what you would like to receive. That's why we're swapping fat quarters and not whole sheets! It's fine for you to send several fat quarters from the same sheet. Please send only cotton or cotton blends. Avoid anything that's overly 80's, has cartoon characters etc. Also avoid sending solids or neutrals.
- Please wash the sheets prior to cutting and sending them.
- If you send sheets I deem to be "unacceptable" (i.e. one that is stained, torn or overly worn) I will send it back to you. This may seem harsh but it's unfair on other swappers who spent time inspecting their sheets and who sent only "nice" fat quarters.
Some useful links: