Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Swooning

Look what arrived at my house today...

...purchased with credit card points, otherwise it would be very unlikely to be seen in my kitchen!!

It's lovely and shiny and I can't wait to test out its capabilities (once I've watched the accompanying DVD of course!!).

And on the crafting-front, I was well and truely drawn into the 40% off at Spotlight on the weekend.  I bought myself some lovely wool since I've been enjoying some knitting over the last month or so.  I found this wonderful 100% wool in a rainbow palette but I'm not sure what to make with it - something for Matilda, but what?  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.  I'm thinking maybe a Swing Thing or Tikki's Rainbow Dress.

I also had to tidy up my knitting drawer in order to fit in the new yarn and finished this vest just in time to fit Matilda.  I knitted it using a free Guardian Angel knitting pattern from several years ago.  I love the freebie patterns available through this Guardian Pharmacy campaign but have never found enough time to knit anything to donate.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

oh oh oh I NEVER thought of that... saving the credit card points for one of these - GOOD THINKING Miss Angie!!! Right... better see how many points we have and how may I need!

KNitting front. I am slow. DOing Gus socks. Small and simple. CAN You believe I was at SPotlight Sunday. Was so excited about the sale went home to look at all my pattern, how many balls I need etc. Went back Monday with my list and ARGH sale finished. Did not check dates. Ask sweetly with battering eyes if they let me but no... pout

Kirstan said...

Oh Ange, I have a serious dose of Kitchen Aid Envy!!!

Love the look of the vest, very cute!

Jane said...

Wow, Ange! You lucky duck - enjoy that little beauty. I am contemplating buying one from the US on eBay as they're so much cheaper there but have to work out the shipping aspect. J x

Ellieboo said...

Methinks you may have to spend a LOT of money on your credit card to get that beauty. Totally jealous....Amanda xox

Maxabella said...

Woot! PERFECT use of points!!!

And I am still chuckling here over your revelations that you had stressful calculus dreams... I actually found that ALL calculus problems were unsolvable and lived in a permanent state of anxiety during maths. x

Sarah said...

I love Tilda's vest and I'm tempted to knit a couple for the little ones in this house. Anything without sleeves has got to be quicker than a cardi right?

And as for the new kitchen aid... All I can say is... Let the baking begin!

Sarah said...

ps Love swing thing :)