Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kate's 8 Questions

So I have been following Kate over at Fox's Lane for quite a while now. What she writes resonates with me. She's one of those amazing ladies who creates beautiful things whilst raising three girls, living (and working) on a farm!

So, instead of studying for my exam next week I'm procrastinating and will answer Kate's Eight!

1/ Favourite meal to eat?
Anything I haven't had to cook myself! I love Italian food (best if cooked and consumed in Italy); licorice icecream; Grandma's lamb roasts as a birthday tea (accompanied by an iced sponge cake with jam in the middle); Sunday morning pancakes with my little family.
2/ Do you have a quirky eccentricity?
I can't whistle or click my fingers! I didn't want to know the gender of my babies because I don't really like pink and wanted to stay in denial about how pink life can get when a little girl joins your family!!
3/ My middle name is Jane. My mum wanted to call me that as a first name. I'm glad my dad overruled because I don't fancy being plain Jane! My daughter also has Jane as a middle name (because it seemed to match).
4/ I am passionate about all sorts of things! But I seem to be passionate about my latest 'thing'. When I craft I get obsessive about finding about all I can on materials, techniques, chat rooms / blogs etc. When I work I get passionate about my latest project - like car parking (at the moment) although I also feel the need to "move on" with my passion after a few years (like I'm ready to get passionate about local area traffic management and sustainable transport planning - sad, I know)!
5/ Thongs or Birkenstocks? Neither - I'm more of a Blundstone girl! I put it down to being an engineer and not wanting to own an impractial footwear!!
6/ Who was I before I had kids? Pretty much what I am now (except uninterupted)!! I studied Civil Engineering at university, have been involved in building highways (and No, I was NOT work for the dole - I have a degree!!), designing highways and planning highways. I have lived and worked and travelled overseas. I have always need to create, even though my mum thinks I'm genetically-modified because she doesn't seem to have the 'passion to create' gene - she plays hockey instead!!
7/ Have I ever been arrested? No. Perhaps I could be plain Jane...
8/ This weekend I will be studying (and procrastinating) for an exam next Friday. I am nearly finished my Masters in Traffic Engineering - this is my penultimate subject and I'll be done by the end of this year. Be warned - 2011 will be the year of crafting for me!!

8 comments:

Tanya said...

Ange- I haven't had licquorice ice cream for years- I loved that. wonder where i can get it. Thanks for sharing x

Cherie said...

Oh WOW studying too - what a gem you are - not plain Jane by any stroke of the imgaination! Love your blog too ;)

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Maybe we did hang out. Your comment made me laugh. :) The questions were a lot of fun. It seems you are a busy woman! I'm pretty sure this year and last have been my years of crafting, though I don't see any end in sight. ha! Thanks again for stopping by!

Kate said...

Hi Ange, thanks so much for playing it was great learning a bit more about you. I haven't stopped thinking about planning a trip to Tas soon after your question. I adore licqorice but I don't think I've ever tried the ice cream, I must hunt some down.
Hope you have a great week and get lots done.

midge said...

yes to italian, no to liquorice ice cream, yes to roasts and jam sponge and pancakes. lovely post

Big and Little said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You were my first every comment! Licorice icecream sounds interesting. I have never tried it but love licorice so will have to find some. :)

Miss Muggins said...

found you via Kate and had to pop in for a sticky beak! You sound like one cool chick, and that icecream has my mouth watering!

Cathie said...

popped by via Kate's, never tried licorice icecream but do LOVE licorice!
hope the studying went well