Saturday, August 15, 2009

M-A-T-I-L-D-A Bean Bags

Well I had a pretty productive day without Matilda at home. I managed to get the beanbags finished - inspired by Little Blue Boo! I didn't do the freezer paper stencils because I don't have any fabric paint in the house and I can't for the life of me work out what the Australian equivalent of freezer paper is! So I used t-shirt transfer paper and just printed the letters out and ironed them on.

Tilds helped to fill the first two bags before she got bored! Now I just have to get on and do some for Kelvin.

I have also nearly finished a pair of Wiggles pj-pants and another baby quilt top so plenty of sewing going on!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the bean bags. Freezer paper is not available in AUS or in NZ as far as I know. I get friends to buy the rolls for me when they are in the US from supermarkets. If you would like some freezer paper email me your address and I will pop some in the mail to you. I use Resene test pots for stencilling and I also use other varietys of test pots from house paint shops.

Jo in TAS said...

You should've asked me Ange, I have heaps of Freezer Paper and yes it's available at Spotlight and most quilting shops in Aus. Look for Reynold's Freezer Paper. Another substitute is the cover off Reflex photcopy papy. Iron glossy side down and it does the same thing.
PS I have heaps of paints too and fabric medium if you need it!

Jo in TAS said...

PSS They turned out great anyway!!

Ashley said...

Wow! Great job! Thanks SO much for sending me the link! I think you can buy the freezer paper online....just fyi. The transfers worked perfectly though! Wait until you see my post for today....we made itsy-bitsy beanbags for my daughter's doll.....they were SO hard!

Amanda said...

they look very cool! I have seen freezer paper at those craft and quilt fairs that pop up around the country - do they have one in tassie??

Kylie said...

The bean bags look great! I have also purchased freezer paper at Spotlight :)