Monday, August 31, 2009

Melbourne, Finley & Sewing

We have just returned from a flying visit to Melbourne to meet our new nephew and cousin - Finley! Although we didn't fly, we took our car on the boat.

We had 3 nights in Melbourne and saw a lot of Finley, Kelly and Luke over that time. Finn slept a lot (as all good newborns do) but we did a couple of photos of Kelvin with his new mate!

We spent a day at the Werribee Open Range Zoo and Matilda really enjoyed herself looking at all the animals.
Today was a good day - lots of mail arrived. I have got some fabrics together ready to have a go at the beginners mystery quilt at the Quilt Marathon on Saturday. I'm making it for Kelvin. Decided to do chocolate brown, khaki/green and blue rather than the black, cream and lime green suggested so here's hoping it works out! I ended up ordering some fabric from Funky Fabrix and was really pleased with the service - some lovely fun fabrics that I haven't been able to find locally!I also ordered some woven labels a while back (they say "Built by Ange") - wanting to make my homemade clothes look a bit more professional and also to include them on my quilts (if I ever finish one)! I'm now inspired to get into sewing some more clothes. Matilda has pretty much grown out of her favourite twirly dress so I'll have to make her the next size up for this summer and might make one for some of her friends too.Farewell to the last day of winter - I'm ready for some sunshine!! Bring on the spring...
And congratulations to Meg and Ben who announced their engagement yesterday (on her birthday)!! Trev's youngest sister is getting married.

1 comment:

Kelbel said...

Let's hope Finn is more awake next time we see you all- at Kelvin's 1st birthday party!!!
Great seeing you.