Monday, September 7, 2009

The Marathon is Over...

...and this is what I have to show for myself (part of the "contemprary" mystery quilt)!

Last night I also laid out the sashing and attempted my first try of applique! I think vlysofix / "wonder-under" could be my new best friend and I have many ideas...

You can see my blocks on Helen's site - I'm not so sure about the colours but Matilda informed me the other day that her favourite colours a red and pink so this might have to be hers. I used fabric that would never normally choose - it was Basket of Flowers by Mary Engelbreit (the jelly roll that I'd won through Quilt Qua).

I was also lucky enough to win some fabric that was donated by The Fabric Cupboard (no photos but it's from the Botanical Fantasy range).

Oh - and here's Kelvin's most favourite thing in the house! Our washing machine - he'd probably stand there and watch a whole wash cycle if I let him!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Aww, cute photos of Kelvin.

Amanda said...

how very cute!